Sunday, September 28, 2014

13.1


We were blasting through Domain on a series of waypoints, and we busted a mining op before it started.

By the way, I bought this sweet Enyo off of Reciprocrat. Impressive DPS this thing puts out. And the dark red paint looks badass.



Reciprocrat got the most of it. It was a fun little shoot. He burnt this one down at a belt before I even got into Galeh.


I jump in. This next Retriever wasn't even at a belt. It was sitting, not even moving at the gate; like it jumped in and hadn't aligned or anything. We both approached and lit it up.



I had to bounce off and come back as you do when you have gate guns shooting you. I got back to grab some loot. Just before Broomhilda Cannard exploded, she launched her combat drones, a colorful horde of every T1 drone in the known universe.

Why one of everything? A Yulai Assembly of combat drones. Diversity!

Suddenly I realized I left my drone somewhere. Did I have a drone? I don't even remember!


I was able to coax this one into my drone bay with some treats. He didn't seem to trust me at first. Apparently I get 13.1 DPS by adding him so I guess it will add up. I could tell he was anxious about leaving his litter.

Do you ever wonder if people actually use the stuff that they boost from you? This Acolyte will have a new life.


Dreksl soon joined up with us in Domain, and we plotted some waypoints at another lowsec island in nearby Tash-Murkon.

I spent as much time in the drone bay as I could, teaching my new Acolyte I the ways of being a pirate. He spent most of his time living in a Retriever, this poor guy has had a rough life, being snatched away from his former capsuleer and his litter of rainbow drones.

It was like going to the dog park for the first time. I had no idea what this drone would be like "off the leash" but there is only one way to find out. There was some Mobile Tractor Units left in the lower belts of Hoshoun.

Suddenly a Prorator appeared on grid with us!!! I was so shocked to see the stupid thing 2,000 meters from me that I clicked all the wrong things and scrambled the Mobile Tractor Unit. The Acolyte I didn't miss a beat, I saw him switch over to the Prorator after I pressed all of the buttons. He bit his ankles as he realigned and warped off. Impressive how fast those things are, more impressed that my Acolyte bit at his ankles!

Mobile Tractor Unit Look at this one!
Mobile Tractor Unit And this one!

The little guy made it on the killmail! :D A memorable day for anyone, don't you think? I gave him a bunch of treats.


We made our way, in this surprisingly active area. There was ratters, mission runners, PI dudes, miners, you name it. I would sit at zero in the top belt and let my Acolyte I drone run around and enjoy the sunshine. He's a good little drone but I know someone else might think "Enyo and Acolyte I on dscan...."


Our roam wasn't too exciting after that. Tash-Murkon is not an area I travel through very often. All 3 of us covered the 7 or 8 systems in the Teshkat pocket pretty quickly.

Another area that was surprisingly active.. by active I mean stuff was moving around on dscan from POS to POS.


I let the little guy out every other jump or so, just to provide the intel that there is a T2 Incursus with an Acolyte I. 

It was weird in this pocket. We were watching them, and they were watching us. We all sorta had the same feeling that the blob flag was being raised so we got out  of there. Loki and a Deimos on scan, to our two Enyo's and a Vengeance. 

Then there was also an Orthrus and a Gnosis loitering about as we were leaving.

I were sorta backtracking a bit through Domain when we decided to call it a night. 

We went all over the place today, from literally one end of the galaxy to another. When I logged in there was 39,000 players, but how many of us are actually playing the same game tool? Isn't that crazy to think about? Watched many players in the wild play their game from dscan, or up front within scrambler range.

Alright, back on topic.

Someday that little Acolyte will be headshotted by some Barrage or Antimatter. I hope I can give him a good life. In fact, I hope we both die! Since he is responding well to attacking other players I will get him on some agility training or something. 

Before going to bed, I put Miss Cannard's old Acolyte I in it's hangar. It's good to keep them structured.

Well, it was a good roam! Thanks for reading and goodnight o7

-Brink

1 comment: