Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Good ol' Days

Brink's Bar. The station at the fourth moon orbiting Adirain V - CBD Corporation Storage.

The cowbell rang, the lights dimmed. The clinkity clang of bottles as pilots finished their drinks and walked out the door. Some smashed, the glass falling onto more glass on the floor. No one cleans the shit up. The one place in CBD that is not Caldari grey.


The tires are burning. The Adirainian and Aeschee underground united from many banners to form one.


In the hangar, ammo, nanites, cap charges, and even ship hulls exchanged hands. Guys checking their holds, briefing their crews. Even after undocking, changes to the fleet composition on the fly.


They asked for Deimos pilots. Nashh Kadavr and I were the only ones not in them. Nashh was able to switch. Only one stubborn Rifter Captain can't fly those. One of the gorgon twins had an SFI.

Compared to a Rifter bridge, this one is very nice. A gorgeous view and a comfy chair to die in. *Brink lights a cigar.*


We were pretty sure there was at least ten to fifteen of them.. but the dscan inhibitor kept us from really knowing what was going on. We were only 5.

Damage control teams, Overheated guns and my repper.

Seemingly against all odds..


..they took the gate. Every captain had a job.

-They fought like bearcats.-

The other guys had to take the initial volleys if this was gonna work. I was the last to land. My overview filled instantly with the enemy fleet.

The ship shuddered from the battle all around. My job was to intercept the Ospreys. I sicked the drones on one of the two nearby frigates. (A Condor I think) The mighty Stabber Fleet Issue lurched ahead, microwarpdrive pulsing. Immediately I was yellowboxed. I braced for some impact.

Guys were taking some serious damage but our logi held. I was never fired upon, and continued to take my liberties with their logistics ships. Swapping where my flight of Warrior II's should be, on the targets *CLASSIFIED* was calling.

Osprey
Osprey

Vexor

My targets were dead, fleet chatter was busy but concise. "Where do you want your SFI next?" No one had established point on the Pilgrim yet. I had my orders.

Pilgrim

The battle became chaotic at this point, our main targets were down. "Spread points" is the best thing to hear in that situation.

The enemy was broken and directionless now. The ships started to scatter.

FREE FIRE!

Omen Navy Issue
Rapier
Vexor
Catalyst

The militia had left, we took the field. We were the kings of the hill!!

We grabbed all the loot, and moved back to Aeschee's Federal Intelligence Office station. We couldn't believe how well we came out on top.. losing no one.

Wanted to stay and get falling down drunk at Brink's, but I had a nice wormhole scanned down. Got back into my Claw after giving back the SFI and rode off into the sunset.


Three jumps later, I am in a classified location in Fountain.

Until next time and thanks for reading o7

-Brink

3 comments: