Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Road to Ishomilken


Aloha Adirain. Come for the missions. Stay because you died.™


There was a report right away that there was two missioning Tengu's in nearby Lisbataenne. As honorary torchbearer for the local tire fire smoke-signals, I didn't want to start it right away, unless they already had eyes on it; plus I wasn't in the mood to just loaf around in Adi. Destination: Ishomilken.


The trouble with going to Ishomilken from Adirain is the best road there is often camped! Black Rise is constantly blobby and it's never in the same places from one time to the next. Pynekastoh and Tama are some of the worst and the usual places you'd see the #bleb and enormous Faction Warfare and pirate gangs. Trying to set up traffic control points or be highway robbers, depends on who you are and how you look at it.


Roamed pretty fast through Old Man Star, Heydeiles, and my route took me up through Abune.


Griffin and an Incursus at a plex. That doesn't sound fun.

Made it all the way up to Uuna when I came across a Tristan at a plex.


My kind of elite pvp skills are the approach + pray variety, so of course I'm in my mwd and dual scram no tank Rifter. pew - pew, pew - pew - pew! boom.

Rifter

Well.. I didn't do too bad actually. If I had slightly more tank I am confident I would have won that.  Exchanged gf's in local.

Luckily I exploded in Uuna, which has a decent market, very limited but you can almost fit a ship up from here. Was only missing a couple things on my next Rifter, so I bought the last mods and ammo in Onatoh and Tama. Tama my first waypoint:


DontTouchMeHair > Big Balex camp on Reitsato-Kedama gate

Saw that in alliance chat. Great. Just where I am heading right now!


Lovely thing to land on. Luckily they were doing some fleet maneuvers or something they weren't close to the gate, at a pounce or something. I moved through and got my rig from Tama, then down to Onatoh.

I didn't make it to Ishomilken; but I felt I needed a new waypoint anyway. Destination Alsavoinon.

Got my Rifter ready to rock now and I jumped into Sujarento; I spot a Tristan on scan. Let's try this I guess, my last run in with a Tristan went south I think mostly because my fit was completely untanked. Who knows.


She was in her plex, she was not leaving. Drones out, yellowboxing. Activated my mwd and fired all the things in her grill.

Tristan


Looked to be a fit just like the one I died to in Uuna. Exchanged gf's in local and scooped my loot to drop off in the nearest station.


Someone will do it. Courier contract does correlate with what dropped on that Tristan btw. :)


Let's get this show back on the road! Held my breath over the next few jumps, it is very active, very blobby. Black Rise pretty much sucks.


Darted around, looking for fights, scanning gates.


Had to chill for a bit. Local chat had spiked. Figured out they came from where I was going so it worked for me to keep heading in Placid's direction.


Made it to my destination. Two Condors at a plex! Going in!

One of them was on the outside moving at MWD speeds, I take gate.. and the second one was almost at 0. F!! I lock, figuring this is gonna be ugly; but before I even got my lock, he warped out.


The MWD Condor enters. I approach and shoot and he dies.

Condor

sqvaer perchunenko > gf
Brink Albosa > gf
sqvaer perchunenko > mwd (

Why do people do that? Local intel, best intel I guess? That other Condor is still out there, maybe they are not together? I will never know if he was a rocket/neut Condor now. Might have been the best thing he left if that was the case.


Took a break in space watching this Hookbill on scan as he bounced between the two open plexes. I was enjoying some coffee, gathering my notes for this writeup, and more or less enjoying the scenery. F7C-H0 is just one jump away and I had my first bubble camp in there back when DARKSTAR was a R1FTA. Other than that, this little dead end FW system is pretty insignificant.


Couple jumps later I was in Renarelle and I could see a Slasher in a plex. Going in.


John Lawyer in a brawling Slasher! Not good for the fit I had!!

Rifter

His Slasher was impressively durable. Interesting to say the least. I love fighting people that don't have fits you would think they will be in. I like to try and do the same thing, keep it random on my losses.

Was able to mostly refit in Vlillerier. Another shitty place by the way. Full of links, #bleb style fights, had to go between 3 different stations. On my last station in Vlillerier, there was an Eos at 0 on the undock with something running that looked like ECCM or a Sensor Booster? Not sure. An Incursus had also tried to lock me up. Nice. Vlillerier; what a dump. Had to pick up a rig in Ostingele and Barleguet.

Ostingele had a ton of people with -10 alliance standings docked up. I won't name names, but we use terrible standings for blobbers, links, ECM, etc. Reputation is pretty big in this niche world of solo frigs. Fitted the rig and quickly made speed for Barleguet.


I spotted a fellow Vherokir with the surname Albosa in Barleguet local. I threw a wave at Frosty Albosa in local chat but never got a reply back. Anytime I see an Albosa out no matter where I am I try to figure out if we are related somehow. Albosa is a common name though so it's a longshot everytime. Never replied back to me, maybe he didn't speak the English.

I fitted up my last rig I needed for my fit and took a break at the station here.

If space-Detroit existed; it would be Barleguet. This was a boomtown when Brave Newbies moved in, bringing with them a well stocked market, targets for the locals to shoot at, and an environment for young capsuleers to come out and try lowsec in big enough numbers to stay safe.

I didn't know that back when I took my pilgramage in my like, second post; spotting all those BNI in Curse near where I did was so close to what they call their new home. They've become null residents; and the local factories and shops in Barleguet are becoming something of a ghost town. I watched people talk in local about how many billions of assets are still here and gushing about who will give who handjobs if they had Carriers for logistics. Nice neighborhood! It's too bad, this has been a good area to reship.

I undock and spot a Venture at the nearest belt.. well might as well give it a try. I land and he's there, 30 kilometers off. I get a lock and fire a volley before he came back to keyboard and warped to station. Kinda sucks those things have natural stabilizers built in; but it is what it is. Kind of unlucky for me too, was in a double scram Rifter earlier, where were all the Ventures then? :) That kind of day I guess.

Destination: Adirain.

In Ouletta, I spot God's Apples in local, an unnamed Tristan and a Kestrel at two different plexes. Didn't want to bother with the probable farmer, so went for the Kestrel.


Well the good news is it's not God's Apples! Not saying this guy isn't capable though. Light Missile Kestrel. He's fast too. We had a nice dance, my DPS was much better than his. Unfortunately for me he had the speed to decide that it wasn't going well for him so he left. Good fights were exchanged in local and he had complimented my damage. Good fight!

Next jump to Melmaniel, and there was another Kestrel. After repping and reloading my mods, I decided to go have a poke.


Kara Prime, this one prefers a Rocket Kestrel. The damage from one of those is WAY higher than a light missile one I fought just minutes ago. Again the speed of a Kestrel is greater so I was quickly dispatched.

Rifter

Not feeling like it's my day today. Maybe I need bigger guns! Fitted up another artillery Rifter that I shamelessly stole from former R1FTA director, now current SKRMR Tomba, decided to go to Hevrice.

Didn't make it all the way there, noticed an Atron and a Merlin at plexes in Jovainnon so I chased them around, neither were interested in fights, just the loyalty point rewards. Then a Frosty entered local.


He had a Federation Navy Comet. Probably a poor choice for me to stay and wait for him to find me. The fight was short, and I was.. "hashtag dunked" as Coatsie would say. I only got one cycle off my repper!

Rifter

After exchanging gf's in local, I decided it might be time to try something different after massacring four Rifters. Had a Slasher in my hangar already fitted so I undock and made my way for Hevrice again.


Bounced around Hevrice. I notice a Crake Gaterau in local. Hevrice was pretty quiet, not many Tuskers or Frosties around. Suddenly private convo from the guy that just blew me up in Jovainnon.


He said there was a Hookbill, Harpy, and a Thrasher at the medium back in Jovainnon. We fleeted up and I waited for the word to jump in and assist.















Primary was the Thrasher, followed by the Harpy, and the Hookbill. We didn't have comms so I figured that was the order in which to engage.


After the Thrasher popped I put my TD on the Harpy and applied everything else to the Hookbill. I noticed that was the first thing to take damage after the Thrasher had gone down. SeaElder4's Exequror went down, but I was able to finish the Hookbill off. I had enough speed to do pretty much whatever I wanted to the Harpy, but I admit I derped a little bit and he was able to get away. :( Not sure I had the DPS to take him, he was very tanky. I also had Phased Plasma loaded; not sure off the top of my head if that was the best for a Harpy?

Thrasher
Caldari Navy Hookbill

Talked to SeaElder4 a bit afterwards. Was nice of him to offer a fleet invite. Was a fun little exchange.

I headed up to Hevrice and bounced around different plexes and celestials, I even sat at the sun for a bit but noone wanted to play; despite Crake being in local. I went to dock up and call it a day when I noticed Crake was at the undock!


As soon as I docked, I hit undock. Might as well die again right? XD


It is insane how many times, in fact more than any other pilot I know; have fights that start like this. Too far to look at how he's fit.

He was moving towards me, but not directly. I burnt straight up for about 5 seconds and stopped.


Eventually we got under 30 kilometers from each other and he shot first!


Both of us in kitey Frigates. I had a cheap trick up my sleeve though, a TD with optimal loaded. :) After an intense shootout in the Hevrice top station town square, he warped off, and I warped to my central safe. I think I fly that TD Slasher too often; I bet he's gonna have a trick for me next time.


I went to the bottom station at Hevrice VI and docked up for a while. There was a lot of fights to be had today so that's a good thing of course, even though I didn't have the best ratio.


That's all for now, probably gonna call it here. I've been away from Eve a couple days and I learn everytime that it's like exercise, take a break for a couple days and you're fat again.

Thanks for reading! o7

-Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment